By using Single Sign-On, you can noticeably simplify the login process for users of your application. The integration of social networks also allows you to attract new potential users. Discover the two standards OAuth and OpenID Connect and learn what possibilities they offer to improve the login of your application.
In this training we will give you an introduction to two of the most popular Single Sign-On procedures: OAuth and OpenID Connect. Both standards are widely used and are established as industry standards.
During the four-hour training course, you will first get an overview of the basic idea of Single Sign-On. Afterwards you will become familiar with the two standards OAuth and OpenID Connect. We will introduce you to the different possibilities of the two procedures and explain which advantages and disadvantages they offer.
The following questions, among others, will be addressed during the training:
- What are token-based authorization and Single Sign-On? What are their advantages?
- When should OAuth be used, when OpenID Connect?
- What are the differences between the various flows? When should I use which flow?
- General introduction to the basic idea of token-based authorization and Single Sign-On
- Explanation of the similarities and differences between OAuth and OpenID Connect
- Explanation of the different flows of OAuth and OpenID Connect and their intended use cases
- Code Flow
- Implicit Flow
- Hybrid Flow
This training is addressed to administrators, developers, and all those who want to familiarize themselves with the topic of Single Sign-On or the standards OAuth and OpenID Connect.
For your participation all you need is a computer. For optimal sound quality, we recommend using a headset.
If you are looking for an in-depth training on OAuth and OpenID Connect security, take a look at our two-day training on this topic.
To book this training individually for your team contact Dr. Christian Mainka.
- Duration: 4,5 hours (incl. breaks)
- Booking: Contact Dr. Christian Mainka
Your Contact for This Training
Dr. Christian Mainka